Affiliate with Sakeliga
Be part of an independent business community
At Sakeliga we believe that the time is ripe for better cooperation between individual business persons, local chambers of commerce and an overarching business organisation.
Sakeliga therefore announced in July 2018 a local sakeliga project. For the first time it is now possible for local chambers of commerce and similar business organisations to affiliate with Sakeliga, so that, together, we may become the greatest business community this country has ever seen. The local sakeliga project will also make it possible for Sakeliga’s more than 12 000 members countrywide to become involved at local level.
Advantages of affiliation:
1. Furthers local business interests
- Facilitate cooperation between different local business communities on common interests. Example: to save on legal expenses when Eskom threatens to cut power to a town due to municipal debt.
- Develop central support systems for simpler management of local chambers of commerce. Example: administration, membership management, and automated collection of membership fees.
- Leverage off the Sakeliga brand to encourage participation and membership in your business community.
2. Furthers overarching business interests
- Boost bargaining power due to size of the greater Sakeliga community. Example: to take a stronger stand against state intervention like expropriation without compensation.
- Increase collective buying power. Example: to negotiate for discounts on strategic products and services.
- Support private economic infrastructure. Example: encourage private electricity generation or develop private dispute resolution mechanisms.